Home made Spring Rolls.
- 1 cup of white flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup of water
- 2 chicken legs, seasoned, boiled and chopped up
- 1 carrot, cleaned and grated
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 bulb of regular onion, chopped.
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Some salt, cayenne pepper, garlic and knorr/maggi cube
- 1 egg white.
- To make the wraps, first mix flour, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and water together till no lumps. The dough must be very thick. When done, cover bowl and leave for 1hr.
- Fry in tablespoons of oil, the onions with a little salt, then the chicken, carrots and green pepper for 10mins. Then add other seasonings and allow to simmer for 10 extra minutes. Remove from the heat and place in a sift for 20 to drain the liquid. (Because stuffing is supposed to be a bit dry.
- Place a clean, dry frying pan on medium heat, and with a tablespoon, put some dough in the frying pan and spread around immediately forming large circles of thin dried dough. When the top of the dough is dry, remove gently from the pan and set aside. Then repeat this step till all the dough has been fried.
- Put the stuffing on one side of the dough, and roll up covering the edges and sealing with egg white.
- Fry in a deep fryer till the rolls are light brown and then remove.
- Voila… spring rolls!