Easy to make Easter dinner…
1: Jollof rice :
- Parboiled rice
- Spices: salt, knorr, curry, thyme.
- Blend the tomatoes with some onions and pepper together. Fry in a pot with 3 cooking spoons full of oil and sliced onions. Cook for about 15mins on high heat. Then add the parboiled rice and the seasonings and then cook till rice is soft and all the stew has dried up. When cooked, take off the heat and allow to cool.
2: Potato salad
- 7 Boiled cut-up potatoes
- steamed peas, chopped carrots and sweet corn
- 3 tablespoons full of mayonnaise
- 3 steamed sausages
- Spices: salt and black pepper
3: Garnished chicken
- half a bulb of red pepper, sliced
- one small red pepper, sliced
- half a bulb of green pepper sliced
- half a bulb of onions, sliced
- spices: lemon-ginger, red pepper, salt, balsamic vinegar etc
-Boil the chicken for 15mins with some pepper, salt and onions. Put in a metal tray and then grill in the oven for 20mins.
-In a frying pan, fry the sliced vegetables with onions in a teaspoon of oil for 10mins. Add the sliced small peppers as well. Then add a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and lemon-ginger seasoning, fry for 5mins.
When the chicken is done, add to the frying pan with vegetables and stir in to mix the vegetables and sauce with the chicken.